Rewire your brain so that mindfulness and compassion are the automatic response to stress.
Source: A Basic Meditation to Strengthen Neural Connections – Mindful
5 Ways You’re Strengthening Your Mind When You Practice Meditation:
- Each time you focus on or return to the anchor, you are building your concentration
- Each time you focus on the anchor, you detach from your thought stream. This is a practice of letting go in the moment, which translates to letting go in the rest of the world.
- Each time you notice that the mind is wandering, that is the moment of mindfulness—not a moment of failure.
- Each time you are kind to yourself when your mind wanders, instead of criticizing yourself, you are exercising and strengthening your self-compassion for challenging moments in the rest of your daily life.
- Each time you notice where the mind is wandering, that is an opportunity for insight into your mind’s habits and patterns—what we might call wisdom or self-understanding.